Tuesday, April 3, 2012

63 Square

The other day I got to explore 63 Square near Yeouinaru. The 63 Building is often times referred to/known as the "Miracle of the Han River." This massive building is called 63 for the 63 floors and contains banquet halls, an aquarium, an art hall, wax museum, theater, and the highest art gallery/observatory in the world. 

While at 63 I decided to check out the aquarium and the sky art observatory. I wasn't really interested in the wax museum and the plays were too expensive. At 63 you must purchase tickets to see the various sites within the building (aquarium, wax museum, art hall, theater, sky observatory) so I ended up paying ₩15,000 ($15) for the aquarium and ₩11,000 for the sky art observatory. The lucky thing was that I ended up getting a discount and paid for a child's admission! Maybe they were being nice to me because I told the ladies at the counter that I was a foreigner.

The golden windowed 63 building
The aquarium was nice, not as good as the Coex aquarium but still pretty good. What really threw me off was when I saw parakeets and lovebirds! They also had  penguins and seagulls which was pretty interesting. 

This penguin had an itch for a long time




Another interesting aspect of the 63 aquarium was that they have live performances with sea lions. They have little skits where the handler and the sea lions are detectives and they perform a hilarious show. I couldn't fully understand it, but it was very fun to watch.


The sky art gallery has a stunning view overlooking Seoul, you can see the Han River, Namsan Tower, and a lot of other famous landmarks. I was very fortunate to come on a day where it's not foggy or rainy (lately we've been having some rain). The art pieces were very beautiful, but it was hard to take pictures, due to the glare of the glass.







No comments:

Post a Comment