Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pro Volleyball Game 대한항공 VS 삼성

Today I went to Dowon and experienced my first pro volleyball game in Korea. The match was apparently one of the championship games between the Jumbos and the Pink Spiders. Both are Korean teams and apparently there are many district teams that play against each other in this big tournament. I thought the names of the teams were a little odd but it didn't really matter.

The stadium was packed! It was literally a full house. But it was definitely worth it. The one difference between American volleyball games and Korean volleyball games is that Korean games are a lot more fun. There's cheering, shouting, chanting, and singing throughout the game. Also there's a main guy with drums and holds signs of the player who's going to serve the ball, so everyone chants the players name before the serve. Also you get to see the cheerleaders perform a lot more than at US games. Overall I thought this was a very fun and enjoyable experience. Who knew that volleyball in Korea was so different. 


Almost the entire crowd was Jumbo fans (since it was the Jumbo's home field)
Opposing teams cheering banners


Some cheerleaders using a slingshot to pass out prizes

Signs of the names of each player. 

Yonsei Volleyball Club group pic

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm from Taiwan, currently having my exchange I'm Yonsei as well~ I'm really keen to join the Yonsei volleyball team! was wondering if your have contacts to reach them? Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete