Monday, April 23, 2012

Midterm Week

It's officially midterm week at Yonsei University and classes are canceled! As fun as it may sound, it isn't. I have never ever studied this hard in my entire life; and I don't know why! Maybe it's because I'm in Asia and my inner Asian is coming out. For the past 2 weeks or so I've been diligently studying and I've never felt so exhausted before. Recently my home has been Yonsei's Samsung Library.

Yonsei's Samsung Library is connected to the central library and was recently built a few years ago. The library is AMAZING! It's the largest library in all of Korea; and has state of the art technology, computers, elevators, and study rooms. 

Outside the central library
What I like most about the Samsung library are the table reservation terminals. First you use your student ID and scan it under the RFID scanner, then you can reserve a computer, table, or room for up to four hours. 

You can also use large touch screen placed around the library to read articles, books, etc.






Study rooms here look like futuristic dome pods
See through/light speed elevators (super fast)


 The only problem about this library is that during midterm week it becomes impossible to reserve a spot anywhere! Since Yonsei is one of the top 3 schools in Korea, the students take their studies very VERY seriously. You can see hundreds of students constantly studying in the 24 hour library. There are also two cafes in case you need some coffee to stay up late into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment