Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dongdaemun and Pyounghwa Clothing Market

The other day I HAD to go clothes shopping. You see I have a fitness class at Yonsei and the weird thing is that no one wears short pants when they work out. Whether its yoga, pillates, weight lifting, etc; they all wear long pants. I did bring some workout clothes but my workout clothes only consisted of 2 short pants and some workout t-shirts. So I decided to go Dongdaemun to get some clothes.

Dongdaemun is where you go when you want cheap clothes. They have clothes everywhere and the best part is that you "haggle" for your price. Since I'm no good at haggling in Korean I brought my friend since I can't haggle to save my life. I was surprised at how cheap the clothes were. You could buy a blazer for about $15 and dress pants for $10 (if you can find your size).

One of the largest clothing markets
A sea of people shopping for clothes
Shopping mall full of clothes


By the end of the day I just bought 2 long workout pants for about $10 each. It was pretty good, one of my workout pants was an Adidas workout pants, but I'm pretty sure it was fake. At the end of my clothes shopping day I ran into this thing called Disco Jump. Apparently this Disco Jump goes to different places to promote some hair product. It's basically a carnival ride where it spins and tilts. It was really interesting watching everyone ride it. People would fall down, slide off their seats, squash the people next to you, and scream!


Another mall for clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment